A completely new way to get your degree
- Maximize academic freedom
- Maximize creativity
- Maximize open mindedness
- Maximize logic and reasoning skills
- Improve and display your production skills
- Total tuition of only $5,000 for full undergraduate degree
- A full bachelor’s degree in 20 of the most popular majors
- 60 credits of General Education
- 60 credits of courses in or supporting their major
- Students are given learning objectives for each class and balanced learning materials and content
- With support of peers and their instructor, students show their mastery of their learning objectives through their media of choice
- Support from experts within related industries to make their study as relevant and practical as possible
OIIE and Paris College of International Education have reinvented the Degree: Our Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in research, covering all majors, focusing on academic freedom and creativity through individual research. And, perhaps best of all, the full degree is only $5,000.
Universities have had the same general structure for 1000 years. Experts and books were congregated in one place, and students had to go to one location where the experts and books were. The experts told you what to study and taught you what they believed to be the truth. You were limited to the books assigned and available. Then, once you had shown that you had attained the necessary knowledge, you got your degree.
In the last 20 years there’s been a slight change to the formula. Now you don’t necessarily have to congregate in one place. You can study online. But you still have a teacher telling you what to learn and how to learn it. You are still assigned books that limit what you can learn to what you are told to learn.
It can be said that currently, traditional universities indoctrinate, not teach.
We believe it’s time to change this system. Students are given their learning objectives, then can find their own credible sources of information on the topic. These may include:
- Academic journals and articles
- Mainstream media
- Published books
- Any other credible source of information
The sources should be varied, balanced, weighed for credibility (no source is completely accurate) and the student should give their conclusion based upon the evidence as they see it.
That might sound a bit daunting but please remember:
- The first class students take is called “Finding and Evaluating Information”
- The teacher and other students will support and give suggestions
And to show they have accomplished their learning objectives, students are free to display their knowledge in almost any way that they wish. This may include:
- An essay
- An oral interview
- A public talk on YouTube
- PowerPoint Slides
- Short story
- An exam
They may use any of the aforementioned means they like as long whatever they produce adequately shows that they have learned and mastered the learning objectives using balanced sources of credible information.
So if you are ready to be part of the future of education, a new and better way to get your bachelor’s degree, apply now.